We talk with the PGA of America’s 2013 Junior Golf Leader on the state of junior golf and pursuing your teaching goals.
In this episode we sit down with Rob Stocke, PGA Professional and Director of Instruction at the Golf Club of Georgia.
We talk about:
- New technologies in teaching
- The business of golf instruction
- Launch monitors and the MATT Room
- Learning while playing vs. too much instruction
Rob made a really great video that went viral (and we reference in the Podcast) – check it out here:
In this episode, we sit down with PGA Professional, Brendon Elliott. Brendon started the Little Linksters Foundation – a junior golf foundation that provides golf instruction and tournaments in a safe and fun atmosphere. Brendon has utilized his networking skills to grow his foundation though such celebrities as Annika Sorenstam and Paula Creamer.
We talk about:
- Using social media to grow your business
- Building relationships and networking
- How Brendon approaches teaching juniors
- Starting your own business
- The future of the social web
We jump into all things SEO, Analytics, and Rankings. There is this “black stigma” around SEO, like it’s some form of dark magic. We talk about how it’s rather tame and easy to make sure your results are the way you want them. The focus is on solid content and caring about your reader – no tricks required!
- What Is SEO?
- Breaking Down What’s Important
- Bad SEO
- Good SEO Practices
- Why Content Is King
- Using Google Analytics
- Tracking and Monitoring
- Keeping Your Google Business Current
In this episode of The Big Golf Show, we introduce our show, discuss social media, pet peeves, and ways that golf courses can use social media to increase their relationship with their customers.
Have a topic you would like to chat about? Or perhaps want a specific question answered? Send us a note through our contact form.